Chasm - a personal wiki
Chasm is a personal wiki, recently rewritten from scratch. I intend to update and maintain it with the following principles in mind:
Simplicity: information will be as straightforward as possible.
- Present tense only, unless it is required to use something else.
- Reasonable use of acronyms, and if used, always indicate their definition in the same file.
- Frequent use of analogies for hard-to-grasp abstract concepts.
Conciseness: information will remain as quick to read as possible.
- Concepts should be explained in short sentences, unless it becomes counter-productive to do so.
- Short files to let you read and learn concepts as quickly as possible.
- Notes may be summarized in the form of lists: they may not always cover topics in depth.
- Offload longer explanations (specs, RFCs, etc) with links and references.
Intuitiveness: information will be found and parsed easily.
- Simple organization: directories for domains to learn, files for each concept explained.
- No nested directories: if files are piling up in a domain, a quick ctrl-f should be enough to do the work.
Found a mistake or a typo? Feel free to make a pull request here: https://github.com/ovelny/ovelny.github.io/